Monday, April 2, 2012

Back from the Adelaide Genealogy Congress

I've just returned home from the 13th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry held in Adelaide. I thought that it was a great success.

This was my sixth Australasian Congress, the first being the Sydney Congress in in 1988. Back then  personal computers were just starting to become popular and the internet had not become accessible to the public. Now virtually all presenters use computers of some description, frequently connected to the internet. Many of those attending talks use notebooks, tablets and smart phones to take notes, check websites and tweet the latest words of wisdom and their thoughts about the talks on Twitter. I even tweeted a few times myself.

As usual, the Congress provided the chance to make new connections with other family historians, enjoy some time with old friends and visit the exhibitors stands.

Congratulations to the organizers of a great Congress, and I'm looking forward to the next one in Canberra in 2015.

The Adelaide Congress organizers

2 comments:

GeniAus said...

It was great to met you, Allen. I'll see you in 2012 if not before.

Bribie Family History Association said...

I'll see you in Canberra for another great congress!

Post a Comment